Beacon are looking for a Marketing and Communications Coordinator
The Beacon Collaborative is looking for a Marketing and Communications Coordinator. The post is vital to the work of Beacon over the coming 6 months. We’ve recently moved to a new website, and are looking for someone with the necessary skills to manage it, as well as work on other communications such as social media, blog posts, online community building and events. We’re a small organisation and so the role does involve some administrative tasks.
Beacon’s primary focus is to promote philanthropy in the UK. We aim to double the amount of philanthropic giving, from £2bn to £4bn.
The role involves a mix of communications work, managing relationships with stakeholders and influencers, and administrative work, such as:
- Implementing Beacon’s communication strategy and actively supporting its continued development.
- Preparing news updates, blogs, interviews, podcasts, social media and website management in line with SEO best practices.
- Making sure all communications are adequate and responsive to our network of philanthropists, funders, senior executives and policymakers.
- Building an active network of philanthropists to support Beacon’s goals, and who want to promote and celebrate the best practice of philanthropy and social investment.
- Supporting our board and councils, liaising with project teams and updating shared document stores.
Reporting to the Programme Manager, this post holder will have the opportunity to be involved in the early days of the Beacon Collaborative – growing and shaping the organisation.
Roles and responsibilities
- All internal and external communications including writing news updates, blogs, presentations, press releases.
- Managing an active social media presence – primarily on Twitter and LinkedIn – to increase engagement.
- Creating content and uploading to the new website. WordPress and SEO knowledge is an advantage.
- Keeping abreast of news in the philanthropy sector and tailoring content with it in mind.
- Managing a database of supporters through Salesforce.
- Developing relationships with philanthropists and stakeholders who wish to contribute communications – including case studies and blog posts.
- Monitoring and managing a closed community discussion forum.
- Some administrative duties including arranging meetings and preparing agendas and minutes.
- Designing presentations, producing videos, podcasts and visuals
- Conducting interviews with senior stakeholders and influencers.
- Managing logistics for events, including developing agendas, sourcing moderators and writing up findings.
- Delivering an external communications and content plan.
- Liaising with journalists and PR professionals.
- Maximising coverage across key media outlets, appropriate to each target audience, and responding to calls from the media.
- Optimising communications using tools such as Google Analytics.
- Improve processes and systems, eg information management, news management, as directed by need.
- Some administrative tasks as required.
- Develop positive working relationships with partner organisations.
- Undertaking any other duties within competence as required by the Programme Manager.
- Minimum of 1 year, preferably more, experience in a communications role.
- Familiarity with systems such as WordPress, Salesforce, Mailchimp etc
- Excellent written English
- Organised, with keen attention to detail and able to multitask.
- Able to work independently, take initiative, think strategically and deliver tactically.
- Enjoys working as part of a small team and is able to respond to team needs and play a part in all tasks
- Can rapidly assimilate information and analyse to produce written work
- Interest in the subject matter
- Comfortable communicating with senior executives and wealthy people
- Some experience of the charity sector or wealth management would be useful
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date: 19 Nov 2020, interviews will be taken as soon as suitable candidates are found
Start date: 26 Nov 2020 or as soon after as possible.